Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Change

"It is sad when you realize you are not as important to someone as they are to you"


                                       

Broken friendship. Being taken for granted. Being unappreciated. Hurt feelings. Being fed up, are all things that I know oh so well.

When I first started my blog, I informed you that I would NOT always talk about fashion. Fashion is not my thing, I don't consider myself "having it down pack". From time to time I will post pictures of my outfits (when I do go places), but for the most part, I want to encourage my readers.

My blog is like my journal, but NOT as raw. lol

For as I long as I can remember, I was THAT girl. The girl that always tried to make everything smooth. 

I NEVER GAVE UP ON ANYONE!

There's times when friends, sisters, cousins, or even co-workers may have a fallen out and won't speak for weeks, but  always make sure you "do the work" (Iyanla Vanzant). When there was an issue, I always wanted to talk things out. How would you feel if someone felt someway towards you and never said anything?? The worst!

Well 2013 has shown me A LOT. In the month of January 2013, I asked God "to show me who's for and who's not. Remove anyone that does not belong in my life"......

I.Lost. SEVEN. "friends".

Healing starts when.......
you realize you are not as important to someone as they are to you

I am no longer THAT girl. I no longer care if I lose a "friend". I no longer "stay around" when the friendship are dead. I no longer accept foolishness. I no longer let you "use" me and don't speak up. I no longer work for free. 

I have no problem with forgiving, but won't let you back in. Times have changed and it's for the better! Aye

Work, social life, family and relation----- can definitely make or break you. Only the strong survive and I always wonder, am I surviving?

Below are the things that I constantly remind myself.

- I WILL--> Listen to the heart
- I WILL have--> Self-Respect
- I Will recognize my--> Dignity
- I KNOW my--> Self-worth
- I AM my OWN -->TRUE FRIEND

 Finding out who you are may be the best thing that has every happened to you!!

Peace Out,
Brittany

2 comments:

  1. I really love this post because I went through a similar phase in my life where I had to ask myself who really deserved to stay in my life and who I needed to stop trying to bring back into it. It was an extremely hard time for me because I lost nearly every "friendship" I THOUGHT I had (because if you can really lose a friendship that easily, it probably wasn't real from the start, right?). I began to completely give up on pursuing real friendships with people because I never felt anyone truly CARED. I'm the type of girl who gives my all, I don't waste energy on people I don't truly care for, so I expect the same level of respect. While that was a hard time for me I did begin to know my self worth and realize that I am my own true friend, like you said. I no longer allow people into my life that are not genuine. It really was the best thing I could have done for myself because keeping bad energy only holds you back.

    Also, just wanted to let you know that the bloglovin link on your page leads to a different blog you must also have, but not this one. I searched for this blog on bloglovin and found it but I just wanted to let you know of the small mistake so others can also follow your blog with ease :) Again, great post. Keep it coming I enjoy REAL posts from the heart!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Christina! I apologize for the late respond, but I definitely do not know what happen to my original reply. However, I wanted to thank you for taking the time out to read my blog posts. It's always good to know you are not the only going through it. Also thank you for noticing the mistake. Hopefully it's taken care of.

      Delete